Online domino game Bandarqq originated in Indonesia. It uses unique dominoes with similar rules to PaiGow. With Bandarqq, players can strategize and win big. Bandarqq (also known as Bandar Kiu) is an online domino game where you play against other players or the dealer. The goal is to make a domino line with a higher total pip count than the dealer or other players. It involves using 4 dominoes sets comprised of 28 dominoes each, totaling 112 dominoes.
Each domino has a unique design with red, blue, and green suits and pip values from 0 up to 9. The dominoes are shuffled to form a starting hand. You then strategize to build lines with the highest pip value possible. If your hand beats the dealer, you win a payout based on the wager amount. Bandarqq originated in Indonesia but has expanded as an online game. East Asian regions are especially fond of it. Essentially, Bandarqq combines two Indonesian words: “bandar” meaning dealer or bookie and “kiu” referring to the domino tiles.
How to play bandarqq basics?
Bandarqq follows the basic domino rules and objectives but has additional elements that create a unique game dynamic.
- Played with 4 sets of 28 dominoes for a total of 112 dominoes
- 2-8 players plus one dealer
- The 28 doubles from 4 sets are removed leaving 84 dominoes
- Players are dealt 7 dominoes while the dealer gets 14
- Remaining dominoes become the draw pile
- Players arrange dominoes into a front-hand and backhand
- Front hand and back hand must have at least 1 domino each
The goal is to make 2 hands that beat the dealer’s front and back hands
- Players take turns drawing if they want to improve their hands
- Once done, hands appear and compared to the dealer
- If both of your hands outrank the dealer’s, you win even money on your bet
- If only one hand outranks the dealer it is a tie (get your bet back)
- Beating the dealer with both hands pays out at a 1:1 ratio
The basics follow standard domino rules of strategically connecting dominoes into lines with high pip totals. But bandarqq adds new layers with the front and back hands, taking turns to draw and beat both of the dealer’s hands. Risk and strategy create engaging gameplay.
Bandarqq scoring and payouts
Bandarqq hands are scored based on the total pip value across all the dominoes in the front and back hands.
- Your front and back hands are totaled separately
The number of dominoes in a hand does not matter, only the total number of pips
- Numbered suit dominoes have pip values matching the number
- Doubles have pip values from 0 up to 9 based on the number of pips
- Maximum hand value is 9
- If you draw a double exceeding 9, the extra over 9 is subtracted
For example, a hand with an 8 double and 2 double would total 9+2=11. Since 11 exceeds 9, you would subtract the extra 2 leaving a value of 9. Payouts come from beating dealer hands:
- Beat both front and back hands – 1:1 payout on bet
- Tie front or back hand – Push, get your bet back
- Lose both hands – Lose your bet
A $10 bet that beats both dealer hands would payout $20 (1:1 ratio). Also available are advanced betting options.